PK Lee’s Foodie Corner
|Venue:||Pho Vietz @ Atria Shopping Gallery|
|Address:||T08 & T09, Atria Shopping Gallery|
Jalan SS 22/23
47400 Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
|Facebook Page:||Pho Vietz FB|
Click View larger map in the map below on your smartphone to open the location on Google Maps for GPS navigation and directions.
It has been awhile since I set food in a Vietnamese restaurant so I decided to drop in at Pho Vietz @ Atria Shopping Gallery.
The weekend crowd was huge and my family had to wait awhile in a queue while watching others tucking in their food happily.
Despite my grumbling stomach, the wait was certainly worth it when the food came as all meditative concentration was directed at the colours, scents and tastes of the items before us.
We ordered several mouth watering food items and the food arrived in due time, right before my time was due.
- Braised Pork Belly in Coconut Juice – this food is cooked for hours and it reminds me the old kampung days but…with a sweet-like coconut taste.
- Hue Style Spicy Beef Noodle Soup. This bowl of noodles certainly has its uniqueness. Those who can’t take spicy food may be able to take it but I added extra doses of chili to bring it my level of spicy delight.
- Three Beef Combo Noodle Soup. My beef lover mate charged in and hantam it like a raging bull.
- Vietnamese Pork Rib Noodle Soup
- Chicken Noodle Soup. These two “street food” items are a delight for reminding those who had been to Vietnam.
- Tiger Prawn Roll. One bite brings out the fresh succulent taste and made my mind swim with the prawns in “paradise”.
- Vietnamese Baguette. This suits those who are not into anything heavy and it comes with dosages of healthy fibre.
- Three-Layer Treasure Dessert. It’s very very rich. One needs to ask for a glass of sky juice to balance things up.
- Vietnamese Coffee. This is like taking a very very strong punch to the head. I actually asked for extra water to “dilute” this drink, which amused my mates as they know I can drink coffee and sleep through the night easily.
- Lime Drink (with mint leaves). A pristine taste to clear the heavy mind…and lighten the heavy stomach.
To top it off, this restaurant also sells food items like fish paste sauce, instant mee, coffee and others, for those who want to bring a little Vietnam back home.
I will certainly come again to try out the other items which “escaped” my hungry stomach.
Your forever “No Escape from Hunger Mate”,